Tuesday, January 27

Advertising in Italy: Not for the faint of heart

Anyone who has followed my blog knows that every so often...I come across a delicious ad campaign that I can't pass up.  But honestly, I never caught this one until one of my peeps @ABroadBrush pointed out the irony...
So here it is, my first entry of 2015 of ad campaign fails of the Bel Paese.  
This one, properly translated, states Switch over to WIND (mobile phone carrier).
Literally translated is...Pass to Wind ... if you get our drift...Well, actually, scratch that...you won't want to find yourself anywhere near our drift...
It's no wonder they use English so much in their ads. 

You actually could have some fun with their little vignettes...
Like...he who smelt it, dealt it!
Or...like this one...starts you wondering about those poor astronauts out there in Outer Space


For more fun posts on Italian adverts...try here!



3 comments:

Harm said...

Hah! Great post.

Anonymous said...

Is the 'passa a wind' slogan actually meant to be funny in itself? I always laughed at it when I lived there, and people told me I was immature!

Irreverent Italy said...

Actually, I don't think it was intentional...
Unlike the SOFFASS toilet paper which I think was a devious attribute made by a disgruntled employee!